And what if Switch would be able to speak and give you some vocal feedback on things happening in your flows? Stalk has been invented for that!
The name of the app, Stalk, has been chosen because of the two meanings of this name:
- Switch Talk: the association of these two words is exactly what the app does ;-)
- Stalk: Switch monitors what is happening in your flows (Switch stalks its flows) and can tell you about it
Example use cases
These are some of the use cases we've used this app for:
- Stalk can be triggered by a file and speak messages (fixed or combined with variables)
- Combined with an Inject job module at the beginning of the flow, Stalk can give you specific messages at regular times (e.g. every day at 18:00)
- Tell you the result of the preflight of a specific file and the number of errors, warnings found by the preflight engine (if any)
Want more? Control any IoT device!
Yes, now Switch can talk…
Therefore, Switch can control any vocal assistant by starting the sentence with the relevant key phrase, such as “Hey Siri”, “OK Google”, “Alexa”, or any other assistant currently existing or to be released!
- “Alexa, turn on the light in red”: highlight a smart lamp (such as Philips Hue) in red (could be used when the preflight of a file failed or if there are too many files in the flow)
- “OK Google, send a text message to Christian to tell him that the file contains 4 errors”
- “Hey Siri, play Switch from Will Smith”
Try fun (and/or useful) things and tell us!