This document describes the new features and most important bug-fixes in Enfocus PitStop Professional 5.x. This is not a complete summary of all bug-fixes/New features, but a list of the most important problems that were fixed in this release.
PitStop Professional 5.0
- New PDF Profile format supports extensive preflight checks and includes corrections.
- New PDF Profile Editor allows easier creation of the new PDF Profile.
- Extended PDF Profile collection and templates.
- PDF/X-1a and PDF/X-3 PDF Profiles allow checking for and creation of PDF/X documents.
- Support for Adobe Acrobat 5.0 customizable toolbars.
- Support for editing, creating and removing transparency.
- New help menu items provide direct access to key features on the Enfocus web site.
- Font embedding gave confusing error messages in the preflight report.
- The PitStop navigator did not always report the correct problem.
- Running an action list with a "Change Flatness" action behaved incorrectly with a very high flatness value.
- Characters were changed when embedding fonts whose encoding is different than the encoding in the PDF document.
- Converting calibrated RGB objects to Gray caused a crash with some specific PDF documents.
- Improved Color conversion
PitStop Professional 5.01
- Processing of documents with similar objects gave unexpected results.
- Preflight check 'Black text does not overprint and Ignore text larger than xxx' gave unexpected results.
- PDF documents saved with 'pdfSaveAsPDF1.3 V1.0.006' from Callas Software could not be preflighted when the check for PDF version number is on.
- Text used as Clipping Mask gave unexpected results.
PitStop Professional 5.02
This is not a complete summary of all bug-fixes, but a list of the most important problems that were fixed in this release.
- Please consult this knowledge base article for a list of bug-fixes and improvements that are applicable to PitStop Professional, PitStop Server and Instant PDF.
- Option 'Save As…' allows you to save a copy of the Certified PDF to another location.
- "Color Remap" Action.
- Copy / Replace
- Interaction between Font Picker and Undo functionality.
- User interface correction for pageboxes on global change panel.
PitStop Professional 5.03
- Support for alternate images (to speed up screen redraw).
- Overprint mode handling.
- PDF Profile allows checking for completely embedded double byte font.
- Improved handling of PDF Profile Database.
- Removing OPI information in nested OPI images.
- Patterns (tiling and shading) are moved with objects.
- Improved spot color renaming.
PitStop Professional 5.04
- user interface corrections.
- remove OPI.
- remove objects outside media box.
- handling of metadata stream when using ascii/binary compression.
- handling of PS XObjects.
- instability issues with links to form objects with the PitStop error navigator.
- view buttons on the Acrobat 5 toolbar under Mac OS.
- view overprint setting in PitStop inspector.
- duplicating, importing or exporting action lists could lead to unrecoverable application errors.
- remove alternate images.
- remove rendering intent was always executed.
- page box layout fix.