Podcast: Automation in stages
In this Podcast from the Printerverse, Deborah Corn, Intergalactic Ambassador to the Printerverse talks about the stages of automation with Andrew Bailes-Collins, Senior Product Manager and Toon Van Rossum, Product Manager.
Deborah talks to the Enfocus Team about the difficulties that printers have with getting files into their shops. What exactly is so perplexing about onboarding jobs before submitting them to print production?
- Customer expectations are not always clear
- Files enter the company in a variety of ways
- With varying quality levels
- Time wasted communicating back and forth between the prepress department and customers
Stop the manual madness!
- Start small, get familiar, keep an automation mindset
- Look for quick, little wins and develop it out from there
- Map out production and start by automating the bottlenecks
Enfocus keeps its finger on the pulse of the print service industry by visiting customers, listening to their challenges and helping them to build winning print services. We've been hearing many industry concerns about struggles with onboarding and how it fits into an automated workflow. Enfocus will be addressing these concerns in more detail.
Follow this topic
Make sure you don't miss out on the insights from our product management team! Register below to get notified when more Stages of Automation are presented on the Enfocus blog.