Information unleashes smart automation
The Switch Metadata Module allows the use of metadata in Switch flows, enabling workflow intelligence and job-specific processing.
The Metadata Module is indispensable to:
- Integrate Switch with your MIS
- Integrate Switch with web-to-print solutions
- Allow your automation to make decisions
What is Metadata?
- Metadata is structured information about job processing.
- Includes any information related to the job
- Production specifications
- Output intent
- Finishing details
- Delivery information
- Job identity
- Generated by an MIS or web-to-print solution
- Created from a manual or digital job ticket
What can Switch do with Metadata
- Switch can interpret metadata provided in many formats:
- Use metadata in Switch just like any other variables to route jobs, to rename them and to make processing decisions.
- Visualize metadata for jobs submitted in SwitchClient or processed with a Connector.
In combination with the Configurator Module, the Metadata Module brings all metadata within the reach of all third-party applications that integrate with Switch.
- Use metadata tools to export metadata and convert XML information, preflight logs and reports into other XML formats, HTML or human-readable information.