Unleash the information and achieve true automation
The Switch Metadata Module allows the use of metadata in Switch flows, enabling workflow intelligence and personalization.
The Metadata Module is indispensable to:
- Connect Switch to your MIS
- Connect Switch to a web-to-print solution
- Create intelligent automation
What is Metadata?
- Metadata is structured information about the job or file you're processing.
- Can include any information related to the job
- Production specifications
- Output intent
- Finishing details
- Delivery information
- Job identity
- Can be taken from an MIS or web-to-print solution
- Can be created from a job ticket
What can Switch do with Metadata
- Switch can process metadata stored in many formats:
- Use metadata in Switch just like any other variables to route jobs, to rename them and to make processing decisions.
- Visualize metadata for jobs submitted in SwitchClient or processed with a Connector.
In combination with the Configurator Module, the Metadata Module brings all metadata within the reach of all third-party applications that integrate with Switch.
- Use the Metadata tools to export metadata and convert XML information, preflight logs and reports into other XML formats, HTML or human-readable information.