What does XPath Search do?
This app will search for a text string in a XML file flowing through Switch.
Only text searches are supported.
How does it search for a text string?
There are 4 methods for searching available, exact match, contains, does not contain and count:
- For exact match, only the nodes that contain the exact search string will return data.
- For the contains match, all nodes that contain the search string will return data.
- For the does not contain match, all nodes that do not contain the search string will return data.
- The count method is used for finding how many matches there are for a specific node in an XML dataset.
This is targeted for use in more advanced flows that would need to keep a record of how many datasets could be output by the Xpath Parser downstream of Xpath Search.
Capturing of sibling nodes is not available for this function.
There are various ways of handling the data returned from search hits(this is only available for the searches that return a text result):
- Get all siblings - returns all the sibling nodes of a search match, including the node matched
- Get all preceding siblings - returns all preceding siblings, not including the node matched
- Get all following siblings - returns all the following siblings, not including the node matched
- Get next sibling - returns the next sibling, not including the node matched
- Get preceding sibling - returns the previous sibling, not including the node matched