PDF Review Module
Automated online soft proofing
- No more struggling with emailing PDFs
The PDF file is uploaded to a web server and a link is sent to your customer. Saving low-resolution versions for email is eliminated.
- Accurate PDF viewing
No need to worry about overprint settings or variations in user's PDF viewers. The PDF Review Module guarantees accurate viewing of the file as it is intended is to print.
- No software needed for viewing
The interface is browser-based and the PDF file is available to the user at their convenience.
- No user management whatsoever
The PDF Review Module generates a unique URL that is sent via email. Your end-user only needs to click the link in the email to access the proof and inspect the PDF.
How it works
- When a PDF file reaches the PDF Review Module App in the Switch flow, it is uploaded to the webserver.
- After the upload, an email with a unique URL is sent to your customer.
- The customer clicks the link. The PDF file to approve now opens in a browser-based viewer that supports overprint and transparency. There is no need to download or install any software.
- The Approval options are customizable and are defined by the outgoing connections from the PDF Review App in the Switch flow.
- When the user makes an approval decision, the PDF file is moved back to Switch and routed to the appropriate branch of the flow.
The following tools are available to the customer within the interface. These are customizable in Switch, so you don’t confuse the customer with tools he does not understand or need.
- Separation view
- Zoom / pan tool
- Download PDF file
- Layer view
- Document Information
- Format Information, based on PitStop technology
- Wireframe view
- Ink Coverage overlay
- Sticky Note, using standard PDF sticky notes, with the ability to save comments as Switch metadata
Setup and licensing
The PDF Review module consists of two parts, the first is an app that is used within your Switch flow. The second part is the PDF Review Module Server, which can be installed anywhere:
- Within your network or DMZ.
- Externally on a datacenter or cloud server.
The PDF Review module ships with 10 concurrent licenses. This means that ten customers can view and approve 10 different PDF files at the same time. Additional client licenses can be purchased if required.
The PDF Review Module requires the Switch Core Engine 13 update 1 and above. For maximum automation and efficiency it is recommended to include the Switch Metadata Module to the Switch configuration.
The end-user interface module is currently available in 22 languages: Arabic, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Spanish, Swedish and Russian.