Online Proofing API
Build the Enfocus PDF Review Module into your solution
What is the PDF Review Module?
Our online proofing solution completely automates the online proofing process. Your customers can view a PDF proof in a browser window, without the need to install any software.
- Removes the need for manual PDF proof handling
- Sends a link via email with no user management required
- Customer inspects proofs on any device using a browser
Who should use the PDF Review Module API?
The PDF Review Module API is made available to OEM Technology Partners who wish to make automated online PDF proofing available to their own customers and within their own developed solutions.
Why use the PDF Review Module API?
A customizable toolset is built into the user interface, making your end customer experience tailored to their skill set.
- Separation view
- Zoom / pan tool
- Layer view
- Document Information
- Format Information, based on PitStop technology
- Wireframe view
- Ink Coverage overlay
- Sticky Note, using standard PDF sticky notes, with the ability to save comments as Switch metadata
- View as spreads
- View Preflight Report
Full control of the PDF Review Module functionality can be accomplished via the API.
OEM partners wishing to add PDF Review functionality to their own solution may do so by replacing Enfocus Switch with their own solution. The API to do this is fully described in the documentation, including:
- The entry point for all communication with the webserver on which the PDF Review Module is installed.
- The method to upload files to the PDF Review web server. This call returns the file ID of the uploaded files. The ID is needed to construct the link to the uploaded file, which should be provided to the reviewer.
- The method to request the status of the PDF file. If the PDF file hasn't been reviewed yet, the response will be empty.
- The method to delete PDF files from the PDF Review web server, after they have been reviewed or after a certain period of time (for PDF files that have not been reviewed for any reason).
To provide PDF Review functionality using an OEM solution, the following is required:
- A webserver with the PDF Review Module application installed
- A PDF Review Module product key to activate the PDF Review Module
- Configuration of the PDF Review Module
- OEM solution incorporating the API as described in the documentation
For more details, refer to the documentation on the Enfocus website