With wide-spread adoption of digital print systems it is now possible to implement fully automated mailing address cleansing and presort into your Switch workflows.
Cleansed addresses along with postal barcodes can be directly imprinted on your jobs using variable data systems such as HP SmartStream Designer and XMPie.
Now add automatic batching of jobs with similar requirements and significant savings in prepress, on press, in finishing and for postage can be realized.
What you'll learn
- Receive jobs from MIS or Web2Print storefront, convert & preflight
- Batch jobs based on requirements, eg. paper size & type, template, mail class, due date, etc
- Co-mingle address lists for batched jobs
- Perform address cleansing, NCOA and presort
- Generate final output using variable data system
- Route output to correct device
About Dwight Kelly
Founder and president of Apago, Inc. - a leading developer of graphic-arts and document workflow software. Dwight has been working in the print industry since 1986 and is known for solving complex client requirements by combining innovative ideas with technologies from a wide gamut of fields. Dwight is an active participant on international standards bodies helping to develop standards such as PDF/X and JDF.