- Enfocus ID
- What is an Enfocus ID?
- Can I use the same Enfocus ID to license multiple versions of PitStop Pro?
- How do I access my Enfocus ID?
- What happens to my old account information and logins?
- What happens if I need to reactivate an older version of PitStop Pro?
- Can I check and change the details of my Enfocus ID?
- What happens if I forget to sign out from my Enfocus ID in PitStop Pro?
- PitStop Pro subscription licensing
- Why has Enfocus decided to offer subscription licensing?
- Can I still buy a traditional software license?
- How do I buy a subscription?
- I don’t have an internet connection. Can I use a subscription license?
- Are there any differences in functionality between a subscription and a traditional license of PitStop Pro?
- How does a PitStop Pro subscription license work?
- How long is the minimum contract term?
- Can I buy an older version of PitStop Pro with a subscription license?
- Can I buy a floating license of PitStop Pro with a subscription licensing model?
- Will a PitStop Pro subscription license work with Adobe Acrobat CC?
- How often do I have to connect to the internet if I have a subscription license?
- How do I renew my subscription?
- Can I get an invoice for subscription license payment?
- What does the subscription price include?
- What happens if I miss a payment or stop paying for my subscription?
- How do I cancel/end my subscription?
- Do I get a refund if I cancel an annual subscription?
- I have a computer at work and a laptop at home. Can I use PitStop Pro on both machines with one subscription?
- I want to buy and manage subscription licenses for my staff, is this possible?
- Can I start/activate a subscription through the Local License Manager?
- Can I start a subscription offline?
- Can I trial a subscription version of PitStop Pro?
- Where is the license key for my subscription(s)?
- What happens if my internet connection goes down, can I still use PitStop Pro?
- What happens if the Enfocus licensing system goes down, can I still use PitStop Pro?
- How can I pay my subscriptions?
- Can I convert my current traditional license into a subscription license?
- Can I convert my subscription license into a traditional license?
- Can I buy PitStop Server or any other Enfocus product with a subscription license?
- A notification in the software informs me that my subscription is about to expire. What should I do?
- A notification in the software informs me that my subscription license is already in use on another computer. What should I do?
The Enfocus ID is a new account that replaces all previous Enfocus related accounts (activation account, web shop account, support account). It is based on your email address, so it’s easily remembered.
You can use it to:
- Sign into your account on the Enfocus website
- Start and/or cancel your PitStop Pro subscription
- Activate your product keys for all Enfocus products
- Purchase products in the Enfocus web shop
- File and manage support cases
No. Each Enfocus ID is personal to the user and can only license one PitStop Pro subscription. You can however buy multiple subscriptions, which you can assign to other people, through the account section of the website.
People who have a subscription assigned to them, can sign into the software using their personal Enfocus ID.
You can access your Enfocus account through the account section of the Enfocus website. It’s a central place where Enfocus customers can view and manage everything regarding their Enfocus software. For the time being, you can only use it to manage your PitStop Pro subscriptions, but in the future you will also be able to manage all your other Enfocus licenses through this section on the website.
If you have no Enfocus ID yet, you can create one by choosing the option “Get an Enfocus ID” and completing the form.
Once created, you can access your Enfocus ID from within the About panel in PitStop Pro 13 to start a subscription.
The old activation account, web shop account and support account will disappear:
- Existing activation accounts can no longer be used to activate and deactivate previous versions of Enfocus products. If you deactivate a product that was activated using your old activation account, you will need to create an Enfocus ID to activate your product again.
- Enfocus web shop accounts can no longer be used to sign into the web shop. If you need to check details on purchases done with the old web shop account, please contact the web shop support (https://store.enfocus.com).
- Support accounts can no longer be used to sign into the support portal. However old support cases will be linked to your new Enfocus ID based on the email address that was used to file the old support cases.
If you need to reactive an older version, you can either use the activation account that you used in the past, or you can use a new Enfocus ID. As the older activation accounts will eventually stop working, we strongly recommend creating an Enfocus ID.
Yes. You can check and change the details of your Enfocus ID through the account section of the Enfocus website. If you need to change your email address, for security reasons, please contact Enfocus support.
If you forget to sign out, your PitStop Pro subscription will remain available on the computer where you are still signed in. After signing out from your Enfocus ID account when you are finished using PitStop Pro, your subscription is free to be used on another system. If it is not possible anymore to sign out on the first computer (for example because that computer is not available anymore), you can solve the problem through the Enfocus website:
- Go to http://www.myenfocus.be
- Sign into your Enfocus ID.
- Choose ‘Switch to another device’.
Note that you can use this option only once a month.
With the release of the Adobe Creative Cloud, subscription licensing has become a very ‘hot’ topic in the graphic arts market. Some people seem to really like it and some people don’t. At Enfocus we did what we always do when we have a question like this: we asked our customers. As around 20% responded they would appreciate the option of subscription licensing, we have decided to make it available as an alternative way of licensing PitStop Pro.
Yes. Subscription licensing is just another way of buying PitStop Pro. All the previous licensing options remain available.
You can buy a PitStop Pro subscription through your local Enfocus reseller or through the Enfocus website.
No. You need to be able to regularly connect to the internet (at least once a month) to use a subscription license. If you do not have an internet connection at all, you will not be able to use a subscription license. Instead, we recommend a traditional license, which has an offline activation process.
No. It is exactly the same application, just with a different licensing model.
Unlike a traditional license, a subscription license is tied to your Enfocus ID, and not to a single computer. This means that you must be signed into your Enfocus ID, in order to use the software. This works as follows:
- The first time you launch PitStop Pro, the About panel pops up. In the License tab, you must sign into your Enfocus ID to activate your license.
- You remain signed in, even when you close the application or when you are offline. Next time you launch PitStop Pro, you don’t have to enter your credentials anymore.
- Do you want to use the software on another computer? Simply sign out from within PitStop Pro, to free your license, launch the software on another computer and sign in again.
The minimum contract term is one month. However, please be aware there is an autorenewal process in place. If you only want to subscribe for one month, you should cancel your subscription before the second month’s payment is due!
No. To make subscription licensing possible, changes were made within the licensing mechanism of PitStop Pro 13. These changes are not backwards compatible.
No. Subscription licensing is only available for single PitStop Pro licenses.
Yes. As there is no functional difference between a subscription and a traditional version of PitStop Pro, it will work perfectly well with the Creative Cloud version of Adobe Acrobat. However, to ensure your operating system is compatible with PitStop Pro, we advise checking the PitStop Pro system requirements on the Enfocus website.
PitStop Pro needs to connect to the internet at least once a month to check if it is licensed to continue running.
Your subscription automatically renews until you cancel it. The price of the subscription will not change during the purchased contract period. When your contract renews, the price is subject to change, but we will always inform you with sufficient notice.
Yes. If you buy a subscription license through an Enfocus reseller, you will receive an invoice from your reseller. If you buy a subscription through the Enfocus web shop, you must pay online when you make your purchase. Afterwards, you can download invoices from the Enfocus web shop and check your payment history in the account section on the Enfocus website.
- The latest version of the software
During the contract term, you are entitled to use the latest version of PitStop Pro. For example, if we release a major or minor upgrade during your contract term, you have automatically the right (but not the obligation) to upgrade.
- Full email support
As you are a paying customer, you are also entitled to full email support during your contract term. Our general support policy applies to both subscription customers and owners of a traditional license.
If you miss a payment you will be notified and prompted for payment by email and when launching PitStop Pro. If you don’t pay before the end of your contract term, the software will stop working.
If you cancelled your subscription, you can reactivate it up until 10 days before the contract term expires. Once that period has elapsed, you will need to buy a new subscription.
Note: This only applies to subscriptions purchased through the web shop; subscriptions purchased through a reseller cannot be reactivated.
To cancel your subscription, sign into your Enfocus ID on the account section of the Enfocus website and choose the ‘Cancel subscription’ option.
No, this is not possible. If you are unsure about committing for a full year, we would recommend taking a monthly subscription.
Yes. The subscription licensing is tied to your Enfocus ID, so when you sign into your account in PitStop Pro, your subscription is enabled on the host computer. After signing out from your Enfocus ID when you are finished using PitStop Pro, your subscription is free to be used again on your laptop.
Yes. It is possible to buy multiple subscriptions with one Enfocus ID. You can then assign them to your staff through the account section of the Enfocus website. You can manage the subscriptions, assign them to other users and take them back.
Users who have a subscription assigned to them, can sign into the software using their personal Enfocus ID.
No. The Local License Manager can show you that you have a subscription license activated, but you can’t actually activate through it. The only way to activate a subscription license is through the About panel in PitStop Pro.
No. You need an internet connection to activate a subscription license. If you don’t have an internet connection, we recommend a traditional PitStop Pro license, which has an offline activation process.
Yes. Enfocus offers a free 30-day trial of PitStop Pro that can be activated with a timelimited license. Once that trial is finished, you have the option to buy either a traditional license or a subscription license. You don’t need an Enfocus ID to run a PitStop Pro trial.
You don’t need a license key if you have subscribed to the software. All you need to do is sign in with your Enfocus ID from within PitStop Pro. Licensing and activation happens in the background.
Yes. As long as you have a valid subscription license, PitStop Pro will continue to work, even if you are offline for a while. Even if your subscription is due for renewal and you can’t get online, we allow you a few days extra time until you can. Note that, if you have been off-line too long, you will receive a notification.
Yes. As long as you have a valid subscription, PitStop Pro will continue to work.
You can use PayPal or a credit card.
No. Both licenses are completely separate with separate pricing models.
You can cancel your subscription license and purchase a traditional license if you wish. You don’t need to re-install PitStop Pro, as it is exactly the same software. You only need to activate the traditional product license you purchased.
You can get a subscription for PitStop Server, but only through an Enfocus reseller.
Our Switch and Connect products can only be purchased via a perpetual license.
If you wish to continue your subscription, you will need to sign into your Enfocus ID account via the Enfocus website and make a payment to continue your subscription. If your subscription has expired, you have to buy a new one.
A PitStop Pro subscription license can be used on one computer at a time. If you want to use it on a different computer, you must first sign out from PitStop Pro on the first system and sign in on the second system. If it is not possible anymore to sign out on the first computer (for example because that computer is not available anymore), you can solve the problem through the Enfocus website:
- Go to the account section of the Enfocus website
- Sign into your Enfocus ID.
- Choose ‘Switch to another device’.
Note that you can use this option only once a month.