Automated PDF quality control with online proofing
Before going to print, PDF files need to be checked for errors. If there are errors, an experienced operator needs to fix them. Not all files contain errors. Manually checking them takes a lot of time from operators.
The Switch solution
- Incoming PDF files are checked automatically and files that pass preflight are sent to online proofing using the PDF Review Module
- If a file is not approved during review, an operator is alerted allowing him/her to look at the file and edit or correct the file before submitting it back into the flow for further production
- Files that are approved and have passed the quality control step are moved directly to production, so that the operator does not need to spend any time on them
- Operator intervention is only needed when it adds value
- For files that need review, the right person is automatically notified
- Easy access to files with problems, allowing correcting and resubmitting to production without losing track of them
Flow elements and modules used for this case
PDF quality control with PitStop Server
The Configurator Module seamlessly integrates PitStop Server into the workflow to automatically check the quality of incoming PDF files.
PDF Review Module
Automate and replace manual email soft proofing. Learn more.
The "Operator review" Checkpoint is a stop in the flow. This allows the PDF files to wait there until someone looks at them and decides what to do.
Using the SwitchClient module, the operator sees a list of all jobs that have failed the quality control.
These PDF files can be opened directly in Adobe Acrobat where you can use PitStop Pro to make corrections. Afterwards you can resubmit the corrected file back into production.
Are you ready to revolutionize your automation?
Switch gives you the power and freedom to automate your way. Get in touch with an Enfocus reseller to find out how.